Wednesday, January 18, 2012

So Excited About Storybird!

I can barely contain myself with this new tool that I stumbled upon!  It is called Storybird at www.storybird.com.  As a special education teacher I am always looking for new and interesting ways to help my students express themselves and engage them interactively.  They are growing up in a digital age and we need to meet them in their comfort zone.  Storybird allows students to choose from tons of beautiful artwork and create a "storyboard" and then create a story to go with it.  It is almost like writing a picture book by illustrating it first.  I am so excited!  I know I am a geek, but this stuff makes me want to do a happy dance :)  Here is a sample story from their website (not created by a student, but still an awesome example to see!)


Decisions. Decisions! on Storybird

3 comments:

  1. Littlebirdtales.com is another great digital story telling tool. It is very kid friendly, let's you even record audio and upload your own pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a really cool resource!

    I'm your newest follower - I teach special education, too. I'm glad to have found your blog!

    Kara
    spedventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can audio be added to storybird stories?

    ReplyDelete